I finally got around to finishing my monome kit (with considerable help from my Dad on the woodworking side). It feels very sturdy, and I’m very happy with how it turned out. It’s great to be finally able to play properly with the thing – more monome inspired music to come soon!
After around six hours of soldering, I finally completed the first stage in building my new monome. Having not touched a soldering iron before, I’m very satisfied with how the thing came out. I still need to build an enclosure to house the electronics, but the trickiest part should be behind me.
To test it out, I made a short live jam in Ableton using the app flin, listen below: